Goals and mission
- Work closely with schools, colleges, and universities, as well as companies, organizations, and institutions to help them fulfill their needs, goals, and commitments with regard to the Python language;
- Develop methodologies for teaching Python, create course content and help adapt curriculums and frameworks for course design and delivery to improve the quality of Python education;
- Develop frameworks and benchmarks for Python skills assessment, and perform Job Tasks Analyses (JTAs), Training Needs Analyses, Skills Gap Analyses, and market studies (qualitative and quantitative types of research) to analyze and understand the actual demand for Python and related technologies in order to bridge the gap between the education and industry sectors;
- Provide teaching and learning tools and resources for educational institutions and individual learners;
- Support careers in Python programming and related technologies through partnership programs with industry organizations and standardized, objective, and reliable KSA assessment programs;
- Support and foster the development of the Python language and Python programming projects, support the work and mission of the Python Software Foundation, and promote the initiatives carried out by vibrant Python communities;
- Promote the development and implementation of open-source projects, especially those that address the needs and crises that exist in the world today.
Training and certifications
Open Education and Development Group together with Cisco Networking Academy – the leading global education program, Pearson VUE – the leader in computer-based testing, and a network of OpenEDG Strategic, Education, and Testing Service Partners, have established collaboration for the delivery of learning and certification programs created for the Python programming language.
The Python Institute courses cover both theoretical and practical concepts that are essential for interacting with real-life programming tasks and situations. They contain quizzes, tests, interactive assessments, and lab exercises that facilitate the understanding of programming concepts and the conversion of knowledge into practical skills. They have been designed and reviewed by experienced faculty and industry professionals, with the goal of meeting current market trends, and equipping you with a handset of skills for careers in software development, IT, and related technologies.
The OpenEDG Python Institute certification program was designed following a rigorous process of industry and market research to accurately determine the demand for specialized professionals in the given sectors: through Job Task Analyses (JTAs), Training Needs Analyses (TNAs), and Skills Gap Analyses (SGAs) aiming to identify the work requirements and skills sought by employers looking to hire Python programmers; and an intensive examination of the education system that lays out the foundation for the training and development of IT specialists, web developers, managers, and aspiring programmers.
Open Education and Development Group (OpenEDG), in its certification development process, adopts a meticulous, consultation-driven, and competency-oriented approach to test design, utilizing qualitative development frameworks, subject-centered design patterns, and psychometric modelling conducted in alignment with the prescriptive guidance for educational and psychological assessment practices put forth in the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing (AERA, APA, NCME), European Test User Standards (EFPA, EAWOP), and the European Test Review Model (EFPA, EAWOP).